Why You Need a Physical Therapist Biography
Physical therapists are in high demand and the employment outlook for their services over the next 10 years is excellent. However this doesn’t mean that people will be beating down your door to demand your services. You still need to either find a job or get potential patients to choose your services rather than those at another practice. One inexpensive and effective way to market your services is with a professional bio. A professional biography for a physical therapist can be used to attract new patients or get the attention of potential employers. It can be posted on a professional website, on various social media sites, accompany your resume among other things. It provides the reader with an overview of your skills and qualifications in the field, establishing your credentials to offer physical therapy services.
First Step in Creating a Biography for Physical Therapists
To write an effective bio for a physical therapist you need to first determine the purpose of the biography and who the audience will be. The two most common purposes for writing a professional medical bio is to attract new patients or get the attention of potential employers. There are other purposes such as to introduce you as a speaker or author on the subject of physical therapy. The purpose of the bio usually establishes who the audience will be. An effective biography targets the audience to help you achieve the particular purpose you have in mind. Once the purpose and audience have been identified, you can select the content to include in the bio that best helps in achieving your goals.
Medical Bio Writing Basics
Professional medical biographies such as those for a physical therapist should usually be one page or less in length. They use a narrative style of writing and are written in the third person. Use language that is clear and easy for the average person to understand. Avoid using clichés in the bio. Technical jargon and acronyms should also be avoided unless your target audience is another professional in the same field. Paragraphs should be kept fairly short so that the bio can be easily scanned by the reader. Proofread the biography to eliminate spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
Content and Structure of the Biography for Physical Therapists
A bio should include the information that best helps achieve the purpose they are being written for. This will involve establishing your credentials as a physical therapist and showing why you are qualified. Information you select to put in your biography for physical therapy will include:
- Provide your name and what you do (physical therapist). If you specialize in a particular area of physical therapy, or work with a particular type of patient this should be stated. If applicable mention the geographic area you are in
- Professional history beginning with the most recent position and working your way back.
- Awards and any special recognition you have received in the field that are relevant can be mentioned. Membership in organizations related to physical therapy may be included also
- Discuss training and education that are relevant. Include the degrees you have and the institutions that granted them. Any special certifications and additional training you have that is relevant to your purpose should be included also.
- Personal information that may include details about family, hobbies or other interests can be included in the bio. A couple of sentences is generally enough. Don’t get too personal and avoid controversial topics
- Contact information
Don’t try to include everything. Limit information to those things relevant to achieving your purpose. As a rule of thumb structure the bio so that the most important information is presented first. It is difficult to write an effective professional biography. If you are unsure of the best approach or lack time to work on your bio, it doesn’t matter if you need a physical therapist or accountant biography, our professional biography writing service can do it for you.
Advantages of Using Our Biography Writing Service
The greatest advantage our service offers is access to our team of writers. Every writer we use is a college graduate with extensive experience working with professional biographies. They know what type of information to include and how to present it in the best way to achieve your purpose. The writers we work with can help you with writing for any field, whether you need help with writing a military bio or with medical bio. Additional advantages include:
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction and on time delivery with every bio
- Inexpensive rates with no hidden costs
- Complete customer confidentiality
- Live customer support available 24/7