Why You Need an Art Director Biography
Your art director’s biography provides an overview of who you are and what you do. It is an inexpensive and effective way to promote your skills and abilities as an art director whether you are a freelancer or seeking full time employment. It is useful in helping to establish your credentials in the field whether it is being used to introduce you as a speaker, an author or for seeking work. As a job seeker your bio tells the reader why they should consider hiring you as an art director and creates enough interest in you for them to follow up and learn more. When used to introduce you as an author or speaker on topics related to the field, it informs the reader of your experience and expertise so they know why they should pay attention when you speak or write on the subject. The biography can be posted on your own website, on various social media sites or included with a resume among other uses. In today’s competitive environment your biography for an art director can give you the extra edge that gets you hired.
Biography Writing Basics
The bio you write as an art director has several things it needs to do. It has to tell the writer who you are and what you do. It must establish your credentials as an art director in the field and let the reader know how they can contact you. The content you include in the biography and how you present it will be determined by the specific purpose of the bio and the audience it targets. Typically professional bios like those for art directors are kept to one page or less. They should be written in the third person using a narrative style of writing. It is a story about your career and shouldn’t be just a list of skills and accomplishments.
Format of Your Art Director Bio and What to Include
There are no rules requiring your biography to be written in a specific way. However some approaches have proven to be more effective than others. The following shows a fairly typical bio structure not only for art directors, it can easily work for, for example, pharmacist biography. The type of content that should be included:
- First paragraph – This is the introduction to your bio and should include:
- Your name and who you are
- Current position
- One or two notable accomplishments in your current position
- Second paragraph – Employment history in the field
- Begin with you most recent position first and work your way back
- Only include those positions relevant to your purpose
- It isn’t necessary to explain any gaps in your employment history
- Third paragraph – Accomplishments and achievements
- Write about any rewards or special recognition you have received in the industry
- You may want to mention any especially noteworthy accomplishments
- Include any industry organizations you are a member of
- Fourth paragraph – Education and training:
- College degrees you hold. If more than one begin with the most recent
- Any special training or certifications that are relevant
- Fifth paragraph – Conclusion
- You may want to include some personal information. One or two sentences is generally enough.
- Contact information
Sometimes paragraphs can be combined if one area is a bit light, but unless you have had a long and exceptional career five paragraphs should be the maximum. If you are unsure of the best way to write an art director biography or just don’t have time to create a bio yourself, our service is well qualified to do it for you.
Our Outstanding Bio Writing Service
We are bio writing specialists and can provide biographies for any purpose in any field whether it is art director or executive assistant biography. Our professional writers are the heart of our service. Every writer we use has extensive experience working with biographies as well as exceptional writing ability. They know what to include in your biography and how to present the information in the most effective way. All biographies are original and tailored to fit the individual customers’ requirements. Additional advantages of using our service include:
- Free plagiarism checks and proofreading to ensure an original and error free biography
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction and on time delivery with all work we provide
- Affordable rates with no hidden costs
- Live customer support 24/7