Getting Started with Your Architect Biography
One of the best ways an architect can effectively market themselves is with their biography. Architect information such as professional history, major career accomplishments, experience and qualifications are quickly conveyed through their bio. The bio allows more of your personality to be seen than a resume does, and focuses on career highlights as opposed to providing a complete professional history. The first steps in creating your own bio occur before you even begin to write involve answering three questions. What purpose is your architect bio meant to achieve? Who is the intended audience? What impression of you is the bio supposed to give to the audience? It is important to determine the answers to these questions if you want your bio to be effective.
What to Include in the Biography of an Architect
Once you have determined the answers to the above questions it is time to select what information to include in your bio. You should include information taken from your professional work history, educational background, notable achievements and industry affiliations. You won’t be able to include everything so select information from each area that is relevant and helps in achieving your intended purpose. Once you have determined what information to include, the actual writing of the bio can begin.
Structuring Your Architect Bio
Your bio basically is supposed to let the reader know who you are. It should also tell them what you do and why you’re qualified to perform the service provided. The following is a fairly standard way of structuring the bio for architects:
- Introduction: Provides your name and what you do (architect). Include information about the type of work you specialize in such as custom homes, commercial office buildings or whatever your focus is. Information about your current position and what it entails can also be included
- Professional employment history: Discuss past jobs that are relevant, beginning with the most recent first.
- Achievements and awards: Give some details on any industry related awards or special recognition received. Include any industry related organizations you are a member of
- Education: Provide information on college/university degrees you hold and the institution granting the degree. If you have any special certifications that are relevant, include them also.
- Personal information: Conclude with one or two bits of personal information. It makes it easier for readers to see you as a person and can be the basis for making a connection with the reader.
- Contact info
This format starts by providing the reader with your name and the type of work you do. It then establishes your credentials that show you are well qualified to provide this type of work. Your experience, education and industry affiliations all help establish credentials you possess in the industry.
Bio Writing Tips and Suggestions
The following are general biography writing tips that may prove useful when creating your architect or engineer biography:
- Limit the length of your bio to one page or less
- Write in the third person using a narrative style
- Avoid general statements, clichés and technical jargon
- Use clear and concise language. Don’t include unnecessary words.
- Proofread your bio to ensure there are no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
Writing an effective biography is not an easy task. If you are unsure of the best way to write your architect bio, or just don’t have enough time our company provides a service that is well qualified to create it for you.
We Are Biography Writing Experts
Our company specializes in writing biographies for any purpose whether it’s architect or chef biography that you need. The professional writers we use all have college degrees and exceptional writing ability. They also have extensive proven experience writing effective biographies designed to achieve their intended purpose. Every bio we provide is an original work tailored to meet the particular needs and requirements of the individual client. Additional advantages of using our service include:
- Unlimited revisions of your bio at no additional charge until it is exactly the way you want
- Guarantees of complete customer satisfaction and on time delivery with every bio we write
- Inexpensive rates with no hidden charges or add-ons
- Live customer support 24/7