Preparing to Write the Firefighter Biography
To write an effective biography for a firefighter it is essential that you determine the purpose of the bio and who the audience will be. The firefighter bio may be used for finding employment, either as a firefighter or in another industry. It can be used to establish the credentials of an author or speaker on the topic of firefighting or used on a fire stations website. A good bio will target the particular audience it needs to in order to achieve its intended purpose. The biography is a summary of a firefighter’s career and it won’t be possible to include everything. Choose the information that best contributes to achieving your goal when deciding what to include in your bio.
What to Include in a Firefighter Bio
The information you include in your bio will depend a great deal on the purpose it is intended for. If the biography is being written to apply for another firefighting position you will want to include your employment history as a firefighter, training you have received, and any special recognition or awards you have earned. There are often as many as a hundred or more applicants for a single firefighter opening. A short paragraph containing some personal details should be included as those reviewing applicants are looking not only at your qualifications, but for how well you will fit in. A biography for a firefighter transitioning to another field would also include employment history but the focus would be more on transferable skills that they have. Personal information would not be as big a factor in the bio.
Structure of the Biography
Biographies for firefighters use a similar structure to most professional biographies. A standard format for the bio of a firefighter is shown here:
- Introduction: Begin by providing your name and what you do. Provide your current position and some of your main duties and responsibilities. A few words about why you chose to be a firefighter may be included.
- Professional experience: Discuss your employment history as a firefighter beginning with your most recent position and working your way back. If you have received any special recognition or awards they should be included.
- Education: Discuss training you have received and any special certifications you have earned.
- Personal information: Include a few sentences that provide some personal details on things like family, hobbies and other interests. Avoid getting too personal.
- Contact information
Tips for Writing the Biography for Firefighters
- Write in the third person and use a narrative style of writing
- Write clearly and concisely. Professional bios are relatively brief so don’t use any unnecessary words and get directly to the points you want to make.
- Use action words. Some good verbs for firefighters to use in bios include ( assess, assist, inspect, rescue, respond, monitor and applied )
- Keep your audience and purpose in mind. You don’t have to write a bio for everybody. Focus on the particular audience the bio is intended for and write for them.
- Revise and proofread your biography. It may take several revisions until the bio is just how you want so don’t leave it until the last minute. Proofread for spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
Writing your own professional bio isn’t easy. Many people aren’t comfortable writing about themselves or don’t know how to write an effective bio. If you are unsure of the best way to write your biography our service can do it for you. We specialize in writing all types of biography from a firefighter biography to a judges biography.
Superior Biography Writing Services
Our biography writing service can provide any type of bio you need for any purpose whether it’s firefighter or army biography that you need. The team of writers we have assembled is among the best in the industry. Every writer we use has a college degree and extensive experience working with professional biographies. Writing bios isn’t a sideline for them, it is their profession and one at which they excel. All bios we provide are completely original and tailored to the individual’s specific needs and requirements. Some of the advantages of using our service include:
- Unlimited revisions at no additional charge. Our writer works with you until you are fully satisfied with the bio you receive
- Affordable rates with no hidden charges
- Complete customer confidentiality assured
- Courteous and helpful customer support 24/7